Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The end of an amazing trip!

today being the last day we had in London Laura and I decided we would try and squeeze everything we still wanted to do in. we woke up early and said goodbye to Erin's oldest daughter Maisie. here is a picture of Laura and Maisie on her last day of school.


we then walked with Erin to take her son Alfie to school. the teacher was even nice enough to let us go inside the room and check everything out. we got some strange looks from the kids though. after this we packed up our things and headed off for the coast! MY FAVORITE PLACE!!! I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Erin for taking us on this adventure as she had so many other things she was planning to do and still made time for us! ALSO a THANK YOU to her whole family for being so welcoming on my stay!! here are some pictures of the beaches we say. I will let them to the talking for the most part!





I will point out here that i decided (despite how cold it was) that i might as well take off my shoes and put my toes in the sand!. i should also point out that i mostly had to do this because i was SOAKED by a wave while i was attempting to write my name in the sand. 


here is a video of Laura and Elliot trying to get a picture taken when the water got us. 











Elliot chasing after the seagulls :) 

the ice cream place we stopped at. it was delicious and Erin was nice enough to treat us. 
this is the other beach we visited that had the great big white cliffs! it was beautiful and it also had tons of sea shells and other what nots that washed up to shore. I brought a cool sea shell home with me :) 


Elliot playing in the caves


after our fun in the water we hurried back to Sevenoaks to try and catch the train back in time to go to the London dungeon and the London eye. as you already know from previous posts we didn't make it back in time. but I wouldn't have changed a thing because it was a wonderful day. once back at the hotel we had a group dinner at pizza hut which was only about a five minute walk from the hotel. we went over some things we all enjoyed about our trip as well as what we should be expecting in the morning when we leave. after dinner Laura and I took off for a show called Wicked. I have always loved musicals and dances and plays and anything of the nature so i could. not. wait.! it was Laura's first experience and she loved it as well. 






the stage was amazing. not that everything else wasn't as well. but it was unbelievable to me how many different things they were able to do!!!



at this point in the show Laura and I both thought it was over so we packed up and were ready to head out. little did we know it was only an intermission! luckily we caught on when there were lots of other people not leaving because the second half of the show explained who the straw man and tin man were and how it all happened it was so interesting since i never knew any of it before the show. 



overall I had an amazing last day in London and was super ready to pack up and head back to the good U.S.A!!!! 3 am wake up call is going to be mighty early! 




No comments:

Post a Comment