Tuesday, May 14, 2013

kissing the ground

Hello!

WE MADE IT!! We finally landed at London Heathrow about 7:30 in the morning London time which was about an hour ahead of schedule. the plane ride from Chicago to London was much nicer then the plane we were on from Rapid City to Chicago. we had mini televisions on the back of the seats in front of us and could watch multiple channels or movies that they had playing, this was very nice for me because it allowed me to tone out all of the loud noises the plane was making and forget that I was flying over the Atlantic. we also had dinner and breakfast served to us on the plane. its safe to say "its the thought that counts" when it came to the food. I also can honestly say I had no sleep what so ever from Saturday until Monday and it was a rough day on us all, considering that from the time we got off the plane we started our day. once we landed in Chicago we had to clear customs and the line was CRAZY long. but luckily Dr. Nobiling spoke with someone and we were all fast tracked through. I have to say another thing I noticed right off the bat is how nice everyone is dressed. 9 out of 10 guys who passed were all wearing suites and ties and even the little kids are dressed up. I have to say I like the attire here :) from the airport we went to Windsor Castle and got to explore the Windsor area a little bit.

here is Windsor Castle

 
 
 




the garden at the castle. it was AMAZING 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
the switching of the guards 
 
 
 
 
Laura, Chelsea and I at Windsor Castle
 
 
 
Laura and I chilling with the Guard 
 
 
after leaving the Castle we took about a 15 minute walk to Eton College which is an all male school and costs 30,000 pounds a year. Prince Harry and William both went to school here. the ranges in ages are from 12 -18.
 
 
this unfortunately was the best picture we could get since we were not allowed to go through the actual school.
 

 
here is a beautiful bridge we crossed on the way to Eton College
 
 
 
I will blog later tonight to go over what happened today and hopefully will be able to keep up on this daily from now on. :) bye guys
 

2 comments:

  1. Your pics are beautiful! How exciting!!! I am glad to hear the plane ride wasn't the worst experience of your life :) keep posting! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your face!

    ReplyDelete